Many people often overlook getting a good night’s sleep in the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle. This article provides tips and tricks for a full and satisfying REM cycle, as well as recipes for consumers that want to marry their dosage of CBD and sleep for effectiveness.
Regular exercise and a good diet plan are essential steps in turning one’s life around, but getting enough sleep is just as important.
Keep a Sleep Schedule
Picking a bedtime and a wake-up time that works well is the first step in faithfully keeping a sleep schedule. Although something happening that will disrupt this set time will inevitably occur, it is ideal for picking a generally easy time to keep consistently.
The body’s internal clock naturally adjusts. Once it overcomes this change and thus becomes used to this schedule, falling asleep faster and waking up easier in the morning will happen naturally.
However, it is important not to push the body too much. Adjustments should be made gradually. One cannot be expected to change literally overnight. You can begin by sleeping fifteen to thirty minutes earlier than usual and slowly add more time until you reach your goal.
Staying on schedule is important because this is the only way that the body can change. Erratic behavior affects the amount of sleep obtained.
Have a Night Routine
When it comes to improving sleep, establishing a night routine works hand-in-hand with a consistent sleep schedule.
It would help if you didn’t make any drastic changes to your existing nightly to-do list. In fact, what is recommended is more of an effort to organize your nighttime activities rather than add a new thing to do.
For example, most people shower, change their clothes, maybe watch a TV show or read a chapter before going to sleep. Creating a clear routine wherein, these activities are done one after another every day can improve sleep.
After some time, your chosen night routine will become a habit. You will unconsciously want to do these things in the order you have set for them. By going through these motions, you unconsciously signify to the body that you are about to go to sleep.
Can CBD Help with Sleep?
The above tips can be easily found with a cursory look through the internet. But if you are of the adventurous kind and want to try something new, you might be interested in using CBD hemp oil.
Scientific research shows that this hemp substance can help consumers both fall asleep and stay asleep for a healthy amount of time. The balance of different cannabinoids from the cannabis plant, like cannabidiol, may induce a sense of calmness that may guide consumers into a restful sleep.
It also has low amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), so that it cannot get the user “high If you are having trouble with daytime sleepiness.” REM sleep, sleep-wake cycle, or any other sleep disorder, you may want to try the abilities of CBD and sleep.
Many types of CBD could serve as your go-to choice. Gummies are a popular choice as they are a quick and easy way to consume this hemp compound as a dose of CBD. Blosum’s CBD gummies are gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, and super tasty!
However, if you are interested in a more intuitive way to incorporate your hemp oil dosage into your night routine as a sleep aid, look no further. Below are recipes that use only the best CBD oil to enhance each dish’s flavor and potential health benefits.
Aside from being delicious, these recipes serve a dual purpose: to provide a creative means of intaking your daily cannabidiol dosage and possibly help lull your body to sleep.
No over-the-counter CBD product has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Consult with a physician before trying any product derived from the hemp plant. The product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition.
- 1 teabag of chamomile tea
- 3 large sprigs of fresh mint
- ½ tsp dried lavender
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 lemon peel
- 5-7 drops of CBD Oil Tincture in Lavender
- Honey, to taste
- In a small French press machine, mix the tea bag, mint sprigs, dried lavender, and lemon peel.
- Pour over the boiling water.
- After one minute, remove the tea bag and place the lid on the French press firmly.
- Allow the tea to steep for five minutes.
- Pour the tea into your desired cup.
- Add the hemp extract with MCT oil one drop at a time, making sure to stir the tea after every addition. Make sure to taste-test in between drops to see if the taste is to your liking.
- Optional: Mix in honey.
CBD Hot Chocolate
This is a hemp spin on an old classic to combat sleeplessness.
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dropper full of CBD Oil Tincture in Lavender
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- In a small pot, bring milk to boil.
- Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt, and CBD oil.
- Stir until the mixture is well-combined.
- Serve immediately.
Drinking coffee to combat insomnia may seem counter-productive, but cannabidiol-infused coffee is different from your regular cup of joe. When combined with coffee, CBD products may balance out caffeine’s effects in coffee and interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
This is the perfect drink to make if you need to stay up for a couple more hours but don’t want to suffer through the jittery effects of caffeine when it is time for bed.
- 1 cup of your preferred brewed coffee
- 5-7 drops (250mg amount of CBD) of CBD Tincture in Cinnamon
- Make your cup of coffee.
- Add the hemp oil one drop at a time, stirring the brew after every addition. Make sure to taste the coffee after every other drop to see if the flavor is to your liking. This recipe uses orange-flavored hemp seed oil for an added vibrant taste.
- Top with your choice of toppings. Enjoy your CBD-infused coffee.
Chock-full of potassium and magnesium, eating bananas is an organic and healthy way to loosen up tense muscles and relax at the end of a hard working day.
This recipe elevates the banana snack into something more filling and delicious. CBD and sleep have never tasted this good.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 cup of almond butter
- ½ cup of ice (optional: needed only if you are using a fresh banana)
- 1 tbsp of almond milk
- 5-7 drops of CBD Oil Tincture in Orange Blossom
- Blend the banana, almond milk, almond butter, and ice until fully combined. You may need to begin with pulses if you are using big ice cubes. Switch to a continuous blending method once the ice has shrunk.
- Add the CBD tincture one drop at a time, making sure to pulse the mixture after every addition.
- Taste your smoothie after every other drop to see if the taste is to your liking. This recipe uses an orange-flavored cannabidiol oil, which should blend nicely with the smoothie’s overall flavor.
Even though full-spectrum CBD oil products can work as a sleeping aid with CBD recipes, their use cannot replace a balanced diet. What people eat during the day deeply affects their sleeping patterns.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, having a balanced diet can help regulate sleeping patterns without medications. This means eating a varied diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat protein.
Low-fat protein is essential as this includes fish, poultry, meat, eggs, and dairy. All these food groups are rich in melatonin, a hormone that can help regulate sleep cycles.
Generally, people who keep a bad diet have irregular sleep patterns. People who eat very little fiber but consume many dishes with a high saturated fat content risk a decrease in a deep sleep. Eating too much sugar can also lead to waking up often in the middle of the night.
According to a scientific study, losing weight can also lead to better sleep at night. Excessive body weight increases the chances of sleep complications like sleep apnea. Researchers found that an overall reduction of body fat may help people improve their quality of sleep.
Achieving a good night’s rest is very much a wholesome endeavor that means taking into account routine, attitude, and diet.
Read More: HOW TO TAKE CBD
What is the Best CBD for sleep?
Depending on your preference, broad-spectrum and full-spectrum CBD are the best formulations to look for. Higher doses of CBD may help sleep, and any other benefits CBD may have to offer without using prescription medicine. If a user is hesitant about any THC amount, they may want to stick to broad-spectrum CBD. This is THC-free.
Blosum’s CBD products are a great way to incorporate CBD within your daily life. BlosumCBD has its cannabidiol tested by third-party labs. This means all its products are free of pesticides and harmful chemicals and backed up by an independent lab.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I add CBD to the drink to sleep better?
- You can add CBD oil to your drinks to sleep better. For example, in tea, cocoa, or any other your favorite drink, only 5-7 drops at a time.
Can I use CBD in food for better sleep?
- As with drinks, you can add CBD oil to food, but the dosage may be uneven. If you want to use this in food, it is better to buy edible CBD.
Can CBD affect my sleep?
- CBD may help your body calm down and get rid of anxiety or depression symptoms. As a result, you will be able to sleep better and sleep longer with continuous sleep.
What are the dosages of CBD for better sleep?
- Individual dosage, start with small doses, and increase gradually. If you want to use CBD in your drink, then 5-7 drops of CBD oil are enough to calm down.
What are the side effects of CBD for insomnia?
- Side effects may include nausea, dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting, and diarrhea. Take CBD products carefully; do not exceed the dosage.
Can CBD be added to hot drinks and food?
- You can add CBD oil to hot foods and drinks, and it does not harm. CBD properties will remain the same.
Updated on December 31, 2020