Can you use CBD oil for acne? An essential part of life is taking care of your skin every day. It can be hard knowing what to use for an everyday skincare regimen when you struggle with acne. Many young adults, as well as older adults, struggle with this.
Here are some common misconceptions about acne:
- Acne is only for teenagers: Acne is not just for the youth, and you may not grow out of it. It can persist through adulthood if not taken care of.
- Acne does not require medical attention: It is considered a nuisance to most people and not a medical condition. This is not true; acne is connected to other severe diseases. It is also linked to depression and anxiety and lower self-esteem.
- Diet is a cause of acne: Most acne is linked with genetics and not the food you eat. However, it would be best if you always eat a well-rounded diet for overall health.
- Acne improves quickly while on treatment: False! It will improve over time, but like all things, you must wait to see results. Everything depends on the type of treatment, the medication, and your own body.
- Acne is caused by not being clean: Not accurate. It would help if you always washed your face to remove the day’s dirt. However, too much washing can lead to skin irritation. Most people believe that dirt is the cause of acne, but this is not true.
- Sunlight cures acne: There is insufficient evidence for this statement.
CBD Oil for Acne
First of all, CBD oil is extracted from the cannabis plant. It is the non-psychoactive ingredient molecule in the plant. It is a powdery substance mixed in with a fatty oil that can be used on top of your skin, or you can eat it in oral form.
Acne is considered an inflammatory condition that many people struggle with. Studies show that CBD oil for acne may help with inflammation, making acne look and feel better. CBD oil may be able to balance skin and decrease production in sebum oil.
Sebum is an oily waxy substance created by a gland called the sebaceous gland. This is not a bad gland; it can moisturize and protect your skin. However, too much can be a bad thing for your skin. CBD oil might help control the amount of natural oil your body produces.
Read More: BEST CBD GUMMIES
What to Use for Skincare vs. Acne?
Most of the time when talking about skincare, people focus on limiting or taking care of acne. They often go hand in hand. However, different products result in different outcomes.
When you have no acne, you focus on different things, for instance, you might be focusing on wrinkles and skin texture, you will buy products that target those areas for your skincare regimen.
When you have acne, you will focus on finding a daily routine that limits the appearance of acne. CBD oil could be used for a variety of things. It can be used to restrict acne, help fight wrinkles, and moisturize skin. Therefore, it may be useful for both everyday skincare routines and fighting acne.
CBD oil comes from a plant that has antioxidants, which may be great for the skin. This is one of many ways to fight off wrinkles and should be highly considered for people looking for all-natural alternatives in their skincare regimen.
CBD oil for acne may help reduce inflammation in the body which is one of the independent causes for it. It irritates the skin, oil production goes up and this can make it very difficult to treat acne.
Some over the counter treatments in the United States include salicylic acid which dries the skin as well as benzoyl peroxide. There are many skincare products that are available for sensitive skin.
No over-the-counter CBD product has received approval from the FDA. Moreover, consumers are to use hemp products as supplements, not medication. They are not meant to treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition.
Buying the Right CBD Oil for Acne Products
With thousands of new CBD-based products all over the internet and in local stores, it’s hard to know which ones are legitimate and which ones are a scam. The most helpful things you can look for are:
- Products that list the name cannabidiol or hemp extract
- If they contain the milligrams of CBD on the label
- Looking to see if it has traces of THC and how much
- Looking for recommended use
- Asking about the certification of purity and where they process and manufacture the oil
- Looking at the type of packaging they use
If it comes in a cleat or plastic jar, skip that brand. CBD should be in dark jars to protect the substance from the sunlight.
These are all great ways to find the most legitimate products. Any business will be able to tell you where the CBD products come from and which are going to be best for your skin type. Be sure to ask questions and make a decision after doing your own research. They can also let you know what to use for skincare vs. acne.
How to Use CBD Oil for Acne and Skin
First of all, using CBD oil for acne is not a quick fix. It requires dedication and a little experimentation. You have to let it build up in your system. Most cases for acne require a topical cream that you can apply on your skin.
It’s important that you consult a medical physician or dermatologist before using any hemp-based product on your skin and face.
You may start for a week and progress until you feel a difference. You will not notice a difference until week four or five. If you do not see a difference, you may consult your doctor and ask to increase the dosage slowly.
CBD oil for acne may take up to a few months to notice results right away, but you must take it every day and be very diligent about using your topical cream. All you have to do is put it on the problem area and wait. It’s a long time, but in most cases, consumers say it is worth the wait.
The Final Verdict
CBD oil could be a great natural way to manage acne. It takes time, patience, and little experimentation, but all worth the effort you put in.
Beautiful skin is hard work to get, but CBD oil may help with various problems if given the right dosage and correct amount of time. It is the elixir for having young and fresh skin.
Read More: SIDE EFFECTS OF CBD