Many people often overlook getting a good night’s sleep in the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle. This article provides tips and tricks for a full and satisfying REM cycle, as well as recipes for consumers that want to marry their dosage of CBD and sleep for effectivity.
Regular exercise and a good diet plan are essential steps in turning one’s life around, but getting enough sleep is just as important.
Keep a Sleep Schedule
Picking a bedtime and a wake-up time that works well is the first step in faithfully keeping a sleep schedule. Although something happening that will disrupt this set time will inevitably occur, it is ideal to pick a time that is generally easy to keep consistently.
The body’s internal clock naturally adjusts. Once it overcomes this change and thus becomes used to this schedule, falling asleep faster and waking up easier in the morning will happen naturally.
However, it is important not to push the body too much. Adjustments should be done gradually. One cannot be expected to change literally overnight. You can begin by sleeping fifteen to thirty minutes earlier than usual and slowly add more time until you reach your goal.
Staying on schedule is important because this is the only way that the body can change. Erratic behavior affects the amount of sleep obtained.
Have a Night Routine
When it comes to improving sleep, establishing a night routine works hand-in-hand with keeping a consistent sleep schedule.
You shouldn’t make any drastic changes to your existing nightly to-do list. In fact, what is recommended is more of an effort to organize your nighttime activities rather than add a new thing to do.
For example, most people shower, change their clothes, maybe watch a TV show or read a chapter before going to sleep. Creating a clear routine wherein these activities are done one after another every day can improve sleep.
After some time, your chosen night routine will become a habit. You will unconsciously want to do these things in the order you have set for them. By going through these motions, you are unconsciously signaling the body that you are about to go to sleep.
Read More: BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM
Try CBD Oil
The above tips can be easily found with a cursory look through the internet. But if you are of the adventurous kind and want to try something new, you might be interested in using CBD oil.
Scientific research shows that this hemp substance has the potential to help consumers both fall asleep and stay asleep for a healthy amount of time. Cannabidiol may induce a sense of calmness that may guide consumers into a restful sleep. More people are attesting to the abilities of CBD and sleep.
There are many types of CBD that could serve as your go-to choice. Gummies are a popular choice as they are a quick and easy way to consume this hemp compound.
However, if you are interested in a more intuitive way to incorporate your hemp dosage into your night routine, look no further. Below are recipes that use only the best CBD oil to enhance the flavor and potential health benefits of each dish.
Aside from being delicious, these recipes serve a dual purpose: to provide a creative means of intaking your daily cannabidiol dosage and to possibly help lull your body to sleep.
To date, no over-the-counter CBD product has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Consult with a physician before trying any product derived from the hemp plant. The product is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition.
Drinking a hot cup of tea is an old remedy in the fight against insomnia. Many of the ingredients in this aromatic beverage cause a natural calming sensation, which is only elevated by the addition of hemp oil.
- 1 teabag of chamomile tea
- 3 large sprigs of fresh mint
- ½ tsp dried lavender
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 lemon peel
- 5-7 drops of CBD Oil Tincture in Lavender
- Honey, to taste
- In a small French press machine, mix together the tea bag, mint sprigs, dried lavender, and lemon peel.
- Pour over the boiling water.
- After one minute, remove the tea bag and place the lid on the French press firmly.
- Allow the tea to steep for five minutes.
- Pour the tea into your desired cup.
- Add the hemp extract with MCT oil one drop at a time, making sure to stir the tea after every addition. Make sure to taste-test in between drops to see if the taste is to your liking.
- Optional: Mix in honey.
CBD Hot Chocolate
This is a hemp spin on an old classic to combat sleeplessness.
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dropper full of CBD Oil Tincture in Lavender
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- In a small pot, bring milk to boil.
- Add cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt, and CBD oil.
- Stir until the mixture is well-combined.
- Serve immediately.
Drinking coffee to combat insomnia may seem counter-productive, but cannabidiol-infused coffee is different from your regular cup of joe. When combined with coffee, CBD products may balance out the effects of caffeine in coffee and interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS).
This is the perfect drink to make if you need to stay up for a couple more hours but don’t want to suffer through the jittery effects of caffeine when it is time for bed.
- 1 cup of your preferred brewed coffee
- 5-7 drops (250mg amount of CBD) of CBD Tincture in Cinnamon
- Make your cup of coffee.
- Add the hemp oil one drop at a time, stirring the brew after every addition. Make sure to taste the coffee after every other drop to see if the flavor is to your liking. This recipe uses orange-flavored hemp seed oil for an added vibrant taste.
- Top with your choice of toppings. Enjoy your CBD-infused coffee.
Chock-full of potassium and magnesium, eating bananas is an organic and healthy way to loosen up tense muscles and relax at the end of a hard working day.
This recipe elevates the banana snack into something more filling and delicious. CBD and sleep have never tasted this good.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 cup of almond butter
- ½ cup of ice (optional: needed only if you are using a fresh banana)
- 1 tbsp of almond milk
- 5-7 drops of CBD Oil Tincture in Orange Blossom
- Blend together the banana, almond milk, almond butter, and ice until fully combined. You may need to begin with pulses if you are using big ice cubes. Switch to a continuous blending method once the ice has shrunk.
- Add the CBD tincture one drop at a time, making sure to pulse the mixture after every addition.
- Taste your smoothie after every other drop to see if the taste is to your liking. This recipe uses an orange-flavored cannabidiol oil, which should blend nicely with the overall flavor of the smoothie.
Even though full-spectrum CBD oil products have the potential to work as a kind of sleeping aid with CBD recipes, their use cannot replace a balanced diet. What people eat during the day deeply affects their sleeping patterns.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, having a balanced diet can help regulate sleeping patterns. This means eating a varied diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat protein.
Low-fat protein is especially important as this includes products such as fish, poultry, meat, eggs, and dairy. All these food groups are rich in melatonin, which is a hormone that can help regulate sleep cycles.
Generally, people who keep a bad diet have irregular sleep patterns. People who eat very little fiber but consume a lot of dishes with a high saturated fat content risk a decrease in a deep sleep. Eating too much sugar can also lead to waking up often in the middle of the night.
According to a scientific study, losing weight can also lead to better sleep at night. Excessive body weight increases the chances of sleep complications like sleep apnea. Researchers found that an overall reduction of body fat may help people improve their quality of sleep.
Achieving a good night’s rest is very much a wholesome endeavor that means taking into account routine, attitude, and diet.
Read More: HOW TO TAKE CBD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I add CBD to the drink to sleep better?
- You can add CBD oil to your drinks to sleep better. For example, in tea, cocoa, or any other your favorite drink, only 5-7 drops at a time.
Can I use CBD in food for better sleep?
- As with drinks, you can add CBD oil to food, but the dosage may be uneven. If you want to use this in food, it is better to buy edible CBD.
Can CBD affect my sleep?
- CBD helps your body calm down and get rid of anxiety symptoms. As a result, you will be able to sleep better and sleep longer with continuous sleep.
What are the dosages of CBD for better sleep?
- Individual dosage, start with small doses and increase gradually. Also, if you want to use CBD in your drink, then 5-7 drops of CBD oil is enough to calm down.
What are the side effects of CBD for insomnia?
- Side effects may include nausea, dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting, and diarrhea. Take CBD products carefully, do not exceed the dosage.
Can CBD be added to hot drinks and food?
- You can add CBD oil to hot foods and drinks, it does no harm. CBD properties will remain the same.